15 October 2008

Tesco is cheaper than ASDA!

After the fiasco of the last delivery I had from Tesco, I thought it would be a good idea to try ASDA home delivery. I know ASDA have a far better service, or at least they did when we used them up in Tyne & Wear, but I also had to make sure I wouldn't be spending anymore money, being on an extremely tight single parent's income.

I always thought ASDA as being cheaper than Tesco, especially after they were taken over by the often sued cheapskate USA giant Walmart, but then everyone knows ASDA, AKA the Pikey store, are cheaper than Tesco, right? WRONG!

My household budget for two weeks is £60. I decided to use mySupermarket.co.uk to do my shopping this time. mySupermarket.co.uk are free to join and allow you to do your shopping as normal (even importing your favourites list from the supermarket you usually use if you wish!), then at the end of your shop you can compare the cost of your shopping to other supermarkets that deliver to your area.

I pulled in my favourites list from my Tesco account to add the basics, then I added a few more things from the shopping list I update as I throw something in the bin (a great system to prevent forgetting something!). The total came to £70, £10 over budget for me, so I did the comparison to see how much I would save by getting my shopping from ASDA instead. Well, ASDA were over £10 more for the same items plus their delivery charge is £1.50 more! So, I had to shave off a few items we'll have to manage without this time to bring the bill down to £60, and duly placed my order with Tesco again.

Let's all cross our fingers and hope it goes as it should this time!

Carl's Emporium is all up and running and awaiting your orders, so please have a look around, do a search for a few things and compare prices with your usual supplier. I'm doing everything you can think of, even finance, insurance, Christmas gifts (click here for your child to receive a letter, SMS or phone call from Santa!), toys, gadgets, you name it & Carl's Emporium should have it! Let me know what you think, thanks :-)

No comments: